Friday 8 March 2013

To Prime Or Not To Prime?

 

 
I've been toying with the idea of buying a primer for quite some time now. I was dubious whether it would make a difference to the finish of my makeup, or just act like a moisturiser. After trying my friends Smashbox primer a few times, and loving the long lasting effect it had on my makeup, I decided to look out for a cheap primer to try. Whilst browsing in Superdrug, I came across this Rimmel primer, which claims to smooth, resurface, brighten, mattify, protect and prolong foundation wear. I thought this was a lot to ask from a budget, drugstore primer but I was pleasantly surprised with the results it gave me. I applied it after allowing my moisturiser to soak in and it left my face feeling silky soft and hydrated. My foundation seemed to glide on more smoothly over the primer and although I used the same amount of foundation as usual, my makeup somehow felt lighter, pores appeared reduced, my makeup had a much better finish to it and stayed matte for longer. Needless to say I'm very impressed with the product, especially considering the price tag!
 
Do you use a primer? Are high end brands better in your opinion?
 
 
Rachel - x

 

No comments:

Post a Comment